Afghan Hounds needing couches:
Blue Domino Female (7 years old)
Black Brindle Female (3 years old)
Black Mask Red Female (5 years old)
Blue Brindle Female (4 years old)
Blue Brindle Female (3 years old)
Blue Female (9 months old)
Red Boy (7 years old)
Cream Domino Boy (5 years old) Owner prefers local to Colorado placement
Red Domino Boy (2 years old) Owner prefers local to Colorado placement
Black Brindle Female (5 years old – only dog home)
Blk & Tan Boy (3 years old). Finished Champion, hoping for a home that will continue showing him in Conformation, Junior Handling, Obedience, Agility. He’s a fun dog that loves to please.
Cream Blk Mask Female (2 years old)
Red Blk mask Female (8 years old)
Silver Female (4 years old) – Show Prospect only needs majors to finish. Available for sale ($1200). Owner selling due to medical reasons.
Black Brindle Female (4 years old) – Show Prospect only needs majors to finish. Available for sale ($1200). Owner selling due to medical reasons.
Afghans live to be approximately 13-15 years old and are generally a very healthy breed.
These dogs are located throughout the US, (some require location restriction – they need to re homed to a specific area). Ground transportation will cost $300. Air transport depends on current prices (avg $450 & crate). You are also free to make your own transportation arrangements.
How this works:
1. If you are interested please fill out the Application Questionnaire, describing what you feel will be the best fit for your household. The application is in an Adobe pdf file that should be able to save to your files. Email the application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. References will be checked and your paperwork will be forwarded to the current owner/breeder of the dog for review.
3. If we feel we have a dog that will ‘fit’ we will contact you, otherwise we will keep your name on a waiting list and if any become available will be back in touch
4. We will provide pictures of the available dog, schedule a meeting with the dog if possible to see if this will be a ‘fit’ for your situation.
5. You will be asked to sign a Placement Contract prior if you feel you could provide a couch for the dog. See a sample
6. The current owner/breeder will have the ultimate decision over the process.
7. We are available to provide education and mentoring on every dog that goes through this program.
If in the event for any reason you cannot keep this dog – it must be returned to us.