Afghan Hounds needing couches:
Black & Tan Girl (8 months old) – Indiana
Cream Domino Boy (4 years old) Sweet, sweet boy tested light for heartworms – Louisiana
Retired Champions – 11 yr old crème female, 9 yr old Blue boy. Great with other dogs, small dogs, children (although been a few years). Hoping for home that could take both – Colorado
These dogs are located throughout the US, (some require location restriction – they need to re homed to a specific area). Ground transportation will cost $300. Air transport depends on current prices (avg $450 & crate). You are also free to make your own transportation arrangements.
Cream black mask Boy (2 years old) – Maryland
Adoption – How this works:
1. If you are interested please fill out the Application Questionnaire, describing what you feel will be the best fit for your household. Emails without applications will not be responded to. The application is in an Adobe pdf file that should be able to save to your files. Email the application as an attachment to email@example.com
2. References will be checked and your paperwork will be forwarded to the current owner/breeder of the dog for review.
3. If we feel we have a dog that will ‘fit’ we will contact you, otherwise we will keep your name on a waiting list and if any become available will be back in touch
4. We will provide pictures of the available dog, schedule a meeting with the dog if possible to see if this will be a ‘fit’ for your situation.
5. You will be asked to sign a Placement Contract prior if you feel you could provide a couch for the dog. See a sample
6. The current owner/breeder will have the ultimate decision over the process.
7. We are available to provide education and mentoring on every dog that goes through this program.
If in the event for any reason you cannot keep this dog – it must be returned to us.
Surrender – How this works:
1. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to consider placing your Afghan Hound and would like our help finding them a home, please fill out the following Owner relinquishment document. This helps us try to find the best match for the dog.
2. Let us know the urgency of the situation. If you immediately need a home, we will attempt to arrange someone to pick them up immediately. If not we will send referrals to you for your review. The current owner/breeder will have the ultimate decision over the process.